Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Past Repeating Itself


Today was Homecoming at church. We had a really large crowd for a Labor Day weekend. Ted Anderson was our speaker. I had to get up early to cook lunck to take with us. Miss Priss spent the night again last night. When I finally made it home, I curled up on the couch and took a nap and since then I've been watching CNN and coverage of Hurricane Gustav and the evacuation of New Orleans. This is so similar to 2005. On that day of Homecoming at church, August 29th as soon as I got home from church I watched people file into the Dome in New Orleans, not knowing the horror that awaited them. The levees broke the next day, my birthday. So much destruction and devastation. I hope the levees hold this time.

Youngest DS cooked vension for supper tonight, he did a good job. Nothing means more to me than to be cozy in my home with my family.

No comments: