Saturday, August 2, 2008

Foreign Films


Well, we finished the Beth Moore simulcast this morning...it was wonderful and I'm anxious to participate in another. It was doubly great that I was only five minutes away from the church and yet was able to enjoy such a great speaker in a broadcast with over 70,000 women...absolutely awesome.

We finished about 1:00 and I didn't come home and strip any more wallpaper, it was drizzling rain and a nap just seemed to be in order. I did however watch a movie. I don't think I've mentioned that my ONE of my latest pasttimes has been watching foreign films, especially ones from France. I specifically signed up with Netflix to have access to these movies because they weren't available any other way. I have to say the ones I've watched so far have had BEAUTIFUL scenery, just breathtaking. French films always seem to tug at the emotions or at least the ones I've seen do. Beautiful stories set in a beautiful country. The one I watched today was Zelary. It was a love story set in World War II and honestly I don't know of an American film that was any better. Some people might be put off by having to read the subtitles but to me that is a minor inconvenience in comparison to the beauty of the films. Off to bed, it will soon be Sunday, my favorite day of the week!

No comments: