Sunday, August 24, 2008

An Unexpected Visitor


Got up this morning and got lunch going before I headed out to church. Most of the rain is over well actually all the rain is over for us, it hasn't rained all day, as a matter of fact, the sun as shone most all day. After church we (me, DH, DS, & girlfriend) had lunch. After lunch DS and girlfriend headed to the big city to do some last minute school shopping. He starts Jr. College on Tuesday.

Our unexpected visitor was middle son. He came over and spend the afternoon with us. It was so wonderful to see him. He only lives about 35 miles away but we haven't seen him since Father's Day. Naturally we have talked to him on the phone but he has been working such long hours this summer. He went 25 straight days without a day off and I mean working from 7:00 in the morning to 6:00 at night. He stayed all afternoon and we played on the Wii.

My DIL didn't come with him, she had a new baby in the family to meet. He brought their new puppy over....she looks like a cross between a collie and a chocolate lab. Her name is Helen.

All in all it was a wonderful afternoon until it came time for him to leave, then I shed a few tears but I know I'll see him next weekend. I've included a picture of us dancing at his wedding.

No comments: