Saturday, August 23, 2008

Lots and Lots of Rain


Well, I guess we have seen the worst of tropical storm Fay. It has rained allllll day, I'll bet we have had six inches of rain. A big tree fell across the road in front of our house, down close to the house on the corner. Stayed inside all day and watched movies. The electricity was off from about midnight last night until one AM. The phone rang several times, it was Daddy. Said he had a stomachache. He always has a stomachache when its bad weather. I should know that by now. We were remembering later this afternoon about the time I had to take him to the emergency room in the middle of Hurricane Charlie several years ago because he had a "stomachache". All they did was give him some pepto bismol and something to make him sleep. By the time I got him home he was out cold. We just about had to carry him in the house. Then he got up a couple hours later and didn't even know where he was and knocked down a lamp. It is sad that he can't cope any better than he can but sometimes it really drags me down. I hope we all get a better night's sleep tonight. I'm about to give it a try.

No comments: