Saturday, August 9, 2008

Busy Saturday


Well, my last Saturday of the summer. I started cleaning out my closet but before I could finish I had to stop and take Poppy to Live Oak to pick up his truck. DS and his girlfriend left to go with her family to the beach for a few days. About the time I arrived in Live Oak, DH called me to tell me he had left his debit card in the machine at the bank in town last night and needed more money for his trip. So I then came home, got him some more money and took it back to town for him. Then I had a pedicure. One cute thing to mention is that the young man that gave me my pedicure today HAD to be new on the job and I swear he was hispanic. Most of the employess at the salon are Vietnamese but I really think he was hispanic. Anyway, my normal procedure is to sit in the chair and read the book I bring along and I was doing that today. He was doing his job (rather hesitantly) and I was reading. All of a sudden he looks up at me and says, "I am so lucky to have you today". I was rather surprised but I responded by saying, "I'm so luck to have YOU today". I guess he had been trained to make small talk, I don't know, but I have to give him an A for effort. What a kind surprise he gave me after a busy morning.

As soon as I got home it was time to go out to the church and help cook and serve food for the youth at their "back to school bash". I guess all total there was about 77 people in attendance. I am tired now so I'm going to hit the sack and get ready for tomorrow.

No comments: